120 Icebreaker Questions – Break the Silence & Awkwardness
Some icebreaker questions or a few ice-breaking phrases may break the wide barrier of shyness, awkwardness, and embarrassment. Break the ice between you and the special person! No, it’s not the ice of a deep freezer; it’s the barrier between both of you.
It’s really not easy to start a conversation with a stranger whether you like that person or not. If you have never met him or her, then it really takes some time to uncover the sheath between you. So, what can we do in such a situation? Let’s start the conversation with some icebreaker questions which will help you gel up your relationship and the bonding.
What are Icebreaker Questions?
You may be confused about the term, ‘icebreaking’. For your idea, we have described the term briefly. Icebreaking questions are the thought-provoking questions that are often used to encourage people and know something more about them. These questions can make the conversation easy and you will be able to come out of your nervousness and shyness.
List of Icebreaker Questions
Relationships like friendship, love, and partnership cannot gel up without talking to each other and knowing each other. Now, for that what you need to do? Hey, you don’t need to do brainstorm! You just need to go through a few icebreaker questions and apply them while interacting with the person you are meeting the first time. Here we have enlisted some questions in a few categories based on the situation or the person you are meeting with. Let’s go through the questions.
Getting-to-Know Icebreaker Questions
As we have discussed earlier that icebreaking questions serve the purpose of knowing someone and bonding in a better way. So, these questions can be definitely asked to know someone prominently. Let’s have a look at a few getting-to-know questions:
- What is your favorite hobby? Is it different from others?
- Do you enjoy traveling to the hills or beaches in your holidays?
- You have a beautiful name; do you know its meaning?
- What makes a smile on your face?
- How many members are there in your family?
- In which places you often visit with your family?
- Are your parents strict or liberal?
- What is your favorite destination?
- Are you a party person or a bookworm?
- Which foods bring water in your mind?
- Do you love cooking? What is the best dish you like to cook?
- Who is an idol of your life? Is it a celebrity or your parents?
- What is the best thing you have got in your life till now?
- Why did you decide to make a friendship with me?
- Do you find any common thing between us?
- What are your favorite games and TV series?
- Do you like watching a movie on television or in a movie hall?
- Do you like flowers or chocolates?
- Who is your favorite celebrity?
- What scene in a movie always give you goosebumps?
- What is the definition of self-improvement and self-learning according to you?
- What is the best season according to you?
- Are you an early-morning guy or a late-night dude?
- Do you have any guilty pleasure?
- How did you spend your first salary after getting your first job?
- What were your favorite subjects in school?
- Have you ever done ragging or faced ragging in college?
- What are the best places you like to hang out with your friends?
- What is your favorite dressing style?
- Do you like reading books? If yes, then what are your favorite books?
Romantic Icebreaker Questions
Are you nervous and shy on your first date? It’s quite obvious because meeting your crush for the first time is the feeling when butterflies start running in your stomach and your heart starts beating faster. Why don’t you break that shyness by starting your conversation with some icebreaker questions? Love is in the air; you just need to catch it with your charm and wit by beginning your conversation with romantic icebreaker questions.
- What do you feel after meeting me at the first time?
- What is your favorite color? Which color do you want me to wear for you?
- Why have you chosen me as your date partner?
- What does the language of my eyes reveal to you?
- What are the things you are finding in your partner?
- Which factors according to you are the perfect factors to build a romantic relationship?
- What is your most romantic fantasy in life?
- Which romantic song do you want me to sing for you?
- A sunrise or a sunset; what do you like the most?
- A long walk or a long drive what delights your mood?
- Do you want to go for a romantic dinner or for a bike ride with me?
- What makes you most emotional?
- If you want to reveal, then how will you share your feelings for me?
- Which dress do you want me to wear while going on a romantic date with you?
- What movie do you want to watch with me?
- If we marry someday, then will you be able to agree with your family for our wedding?
- How do you feel when someone looks at me?
- What are the places you want to visit with me in the future?
- Do you want to share any secrets with me that you have never shared with anyone?
- Which song would you like to dedicate to me?
- If we become an ideal couple, what are the things we must promise to each other?
- What do you want to pray to the Almighty for our relationship?
- What is the best gift you have received in your life from your close friend?
- Which romantic movie has a special place in your heart?
- If I am in a hard time, then will you moral support me?
- Have you ever seen a nightmare of losing a loved one?
- Do you like making tattoos? If yes, then what kind of tattoo do you want to make, and in which part of the body?
- Would you like to join a guitar class with me?
- Love is an emotion that takes time, but have you ever fallen in first side love?
- Which drink would you like to have on or the second date?
Funny Icebreaker Questions
Suppose you are on your holiday with some new friends from your best friend or partner who is meeting with your first time. Yes, it is really a tough thing to know about their likes or dislikes and make friends with them. During that situation, you can crack jokes or start your conversation with some funny icebreaker questions to make the situation light. These types of questions can also be asked when you are meeting a stranger, but you are not understanding how to make the situation easy and the person comfortable. So, what are you waiting for? Take a short look at some funny icebreaker questions:
[Read: Fun Questions to Ask]
- Do you want to take sunbathe on the beach?
- What are the bad habits of other people that make you crazy?
- If we play truth and dare, then what would you choose; truth or dare?
- If you come to know that you will die in 24 hours, then what are the three last wishes you will ask from God?
- If you don’t get hot water for shower in a chilling winter season for a month, then what will you do?
- How will you react if you meet your favorite celebrity one day?
- What is the most used emoji in your social media message?
- What was the worst hair cut that you ever applied in yourself?
- Which entrance song would you love if you are a model and won a beauty contest?
- If you were famous, then whom do you want to give credit first?
- If you get one day to fulfill your every wish, then which is the wish that you would like to fulfill first?
- If you are locked in a dark room after watching a horror movie, what would you do?
- If you are left alone in a deserted island alone or with your enemy, what will you do in both situations?
- Suppose the aliens have landed on the earth and they offer you to take you in their home, then will you accept their offer or deny?
- Which decade do you love the most – 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s?
- If you could bring back the fashion trend, then which trend would it be?
- Which actor or actress is your childhood crush and you want to marry him or her until now?
- If a movie was made on you, what genre movie would you like to play?
- From childhood, did you hate any food which you still don’t like?
- If you get $10,000 in a lottery, then what would you do first? How will you invest the rest of your money?
- While going on a holiday, if you like a strange guy or girl, would you start talking to him or her first?
- How many men or women characters will play the opposite role with you if a biographical movie is made on your name?
- When you will grow old, will you still like to romance with your better half?
- Suppose your husband doesn’t give you any gift on your first marriage anniversary, then what will you do?
- One day after waking up if you find that the whole world is wearing the same type of clothes and accessories, then what would you do?
- If you are given two options whether to marry and lead a happy life or to pick a million dollars and go for the tour of the entire world, then what will you choose?
- Have you ever drunk a lot and abused someone?
- If you get are compared with a famous personality, then what will you do first?
- If a boy half of your age proposes you for marriage, then what will be your reaction?
- How old is the oldest dress in your closet?
Official Icebreaker Questions
Along with your personal life, sometimes you have to confront nervousness while interacting in professional places such as an interview, an official conference, a project presentation or a client conversation. Don’t worry, we are here to help you break the ice in that serious situation by listing some official icebreaker questions. Going through such questions may help you in the right situation.
- What is the one word that describes your entire personality?
- What can be the second solution if we cannot meet the deadline for our project presentation in time?
- If this assignment is challenging to you, then would you accept the challenge or give up?
- What is the hardest work you have completed on time?
- If you were in the Olympics, then what sports would you have been liked to compete?
- Business or service; what is the aim in your life?
- When you were a child, what were you aim was?
- Do you think we can do our official works without technical amenities?
- Are you a homely person or a great traveler?
- Would you like a single cabin or teamwork to complete your work in the office?
- At which languages you are comfortable and you can teach others?
- If you get an opportunity to go abroad for official work, can you go alone or you want to take a family member with you?
- Have you ever worked in a break time in life when you have work pressures?
- Can you stay late during the official events in the office?
- Where do you want to see yourself in the next five years?
- If our contract is finalized, then can you provide the time we required for our project?
- What is your dream job?
- Suppose you are independently wealthy and you don’t have work, then what will you do with your time?
- What was the worst job you ever did in your life?
- Who is your role model in the office?
- According to you who is the best businessman or businesswoman in this era?
- What are the things that you would like to suggest your juniors to follow while working?
- In your words, what is success?
- What do you think; does fitness has any connection with professional life? Why?
- Can you work without technology for some days?
- If you want to gain a skill immediately, then what it would be?
- What is the greatest achievement you have accomplished until now?
- If you receive negative feedback from your boss regarding your work, then what would you do?
- What are the things you want to do after retirement?
- What are the three things you always keep in your mind while cracking a business deal?
These icebreaker questions are enlisted for you so that you don’t feel blank when you are meeting strange people and don’t know what is the exact topic to talk.