15 Psychological Facts About Love
Falling in love is a wonderful experience but there are also many strange psychological facts about love.
Read these acts of love to learn more about the psychological facts about love:
Love makes us crazy
On the one hand, love makes serotonin levels in the brain to drop, which can lead people to obsess about their lover. Levels of serotonin – a chemical produced by the body, are also low in people with obsessive-compulsive disorder. They ramp up the production of the stress hormone cortisol, leading to a slightly higher blood pressure and a possible loss of sleep. And that’s how love kind of leaves us obsessive, stressed, and blind!
Love always hurts and results in heartbreak
A recent study suggests that the psychological damage of a break up is as real as a corporeal damage. The authors of the UCLA study used MRI to keep an eye on the brain activity of the partakers while they took part in a game simulating social rejection.
Kiss the right way
Did you know that there is a “right” way to kiss? People generally incline their heads to the right when kissing instead of left, according to a report. A scientist analyzed 124 pairs of kissers and found that 65 percent tilt their head to the right.
The more the blush, the better
If we take the example of monkeys, rosy cheeks are crucial in the dating game, according to a new study. Scientists at a University in the UK have established that apes have a preference for mates that have red countenances. A rosy glow might also act as a similar signal in humans, British researchers say, sending a message of good health. According to their theory, this is why women generally tend to use blusher.
Fear of memories.
One in twelve people have sex in their dreams.
The most common lie that people say is ‘I’m fine’.
People who spend more time in the sun tend to be happier and happy people are more likely to fall in love, because happiness is contagious.
If someone makes eye contact with you 60% of the time in a conversation, it is that they are bored, 80% are attracted to you and if it is 100%, then you are in some kind of danger.
The pupil of the eye expands when you look or stare at someone you are attracted to.
It takes four seconds for a silence to feel uncomfortable.
Cursing when you’re hurt helps reduce the pain.
It is easier to remember things or people with your eyes closed.
Most people write text faster when they write to someone they like.
When you flirt, the average number of looks you send are 3 per minute.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN & MORE PSYCHOLOGICAL FACTS ABOUT LOVE:
Men: They are associated with women because of their desire to mate; this is due to the fact that they have more activity in the visual part of their brains.
Women: They examine the behavior of men constantly to see if they can be good providers meaning that women have more activity in the division of the brain that is in charge of the memory. Women are more likely to fall in love with men who are full of ambition, have a good education and income and men who show respect but more importantly, those who have a good sense of humor.
Facebook is the reason for a large percentage of divorces:
Facebook is popular for sharing a lot of personal information which creates jealousy and allows other people to create an opinion on the status or personal situations. It has cited as evidence a large number of divorces since 2011.
Ready to mix:
47% of single men have been involved in a relationship of friends with benefits. 37% of single women are waiting until they are in an exclusive relationship before sleeping with someone.
Nearly 40% of men do not feel confident in meeting a woman for the first time.
Places to flirt:
Studies show that schools, colleges, cafes and shopping malls are great places to flirt because people are more open to meet others in these places.
- Sitting form: Studies show that before a man may speak a word, the way he is seated has more than 80% of the first impression of women.
- Signs that a man is about to break up with a woman: Signs that a man is about to break up with a woman include spending less time with her, is no longer romantic, passionate kisses become quick pecks (especially no kissing during sex), fantasizes about someone else during sex, he fondles her for a hug, and tries to pick fights.
- Online Dating: Approximately, 48% of the daters online reported that their breakups occurred through emails.
- Flirt: A woman can increase the likelihood of a man approaching her if she does not cross her arms, makes subtle eye contact and smiles.
- Infatuation: Research shows that men know they are falling in love after only three dates but women do not fall in love as far as the 14th
So to conclude, here you’ve seen some quite interesting psychological facts about love. These psychological facts about love have been proved true through various experiments and I’m sure that these psychological facts about love will help you gain some insight into the male and female psyche about that thing called love.
Before you leave us, we want to gift you these contents which have been specifically curated for you only…
- What Does it Mean When You Dream: This is probably one of the most asked questions of all time. Decode the myth here. We have tried to transform this complex thing into something very simple. This one would definitely solve all your queries.
- 100+ Nicknames for Girls: There are millions of nicknames for girls, but not all are equally cute and interesting. Check these interesting nicknames for your girl.
- 100+ Questions to Ask a Girl: Whether you know her for a long time or it’s just the first meet, doesn’t matter at all. All you need is a bunch of stunning questions to set your foot right in front of her.
- 100+ Interesting Questions to Ask a Girl: Girls literally love it when you ask them interesting questions. Glue her eyes to you with these interesting questions.